Fit is assisting a transportation company in Birmingham, AL in their search for a skilled Orientation Manager. The primary function of this role is to teach basic load securement to new drivers. Pay is in the $35-45K range depending on experience, plus benefits.
1. Greet new drivers as they arrive for orientation.
2. Transport new drivers to orientation location.
3. Be in attendance during orientation to help with first day’s schedule.
4. Transport new drivers to medical clinic for physicals.
5. Give new drivers initial road test and evaluate new drivers performance with a pass or fail score.
6. Must be able to demonstrate load securement in the classroom environment.
7. Must be able to demonstrate load securement in hands on environment.
8. Evaluate each driver’s ability to properly secure each type of load in our load securement class.
9. Advise Safety Manager and Recruiting Manager of any driver’s shortcoming or failures of drivers involved in training.
10. Must be knowledgeable of final paperwork.
11. Must be knowledgeable and able to teach all aspects of the new driver orientation program.
12. Responsible for making orientation packets for Monday classes, including copying and highlighting forms in packets and keeping packets stocked.
13. Scheduling Fed Ex pick up for drug screens and faxing all drug screen and faxing paperwork.
14. Fax practice Jogs.
15. Responsible for mailing all orientation paperwork.
16. Must be knowledgeable in imaging all paperwork.
18. Must be knowledgeable and able to perform duties of Terminal Safety Officer.
19. Completion of other duties as assigned by supervisor or designated authority.